About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Thursday 12 January 2012

WHEN IN MISHKIN'S - Match maker, has found me a find!

Oi Vey - A Deli with a Cocktail?! 

Coming back from NYC, one would think that you couldn't find a good place for a salt beef sandwich and a nice chicken soup and matzo balls. Well you ( I) was wrong. Please forgive me in this post when I write in the appropriate language of yiddish....

So my bubbelehs. I want to tell you a geshikhte of place where even your bubbies can't compete with. Oi, Oi veys mir!! Mishkin's is a hagodl version of the jewish deli, but with cocktails! Oi ve voy !!! ( lots of shrugging of the shoulders and erratic hand movements!) 

If you want a retro place to eat at, with the element of New York delis, with the beat of the blues, a great cocktail and the fantastic home wear interior inspiration, then you gotta try out Mishkin's!

The dark, yet too cool for school interior mixed with the gorgeous aroma of home made cooking, makes you feel chilled and utterly relaxed. You almost feel like you have been going there for years.

A great place to go with friends, or if you are looking to dare to be different on a first date- then this is the place to impress!!


This is a must visit When in London

Matchmaker Matchmaker, 
Make me a match
Find me a Deli,
Catch me a catch
Matchmaker, Matchmaker
Look through your books
and Find me a perfect Deli!!


For more info see: 
25 Catherine Street, WC2B 5JS

1 comment:

  1. Me like! The bar has an individual drinks menu and the Cucumber Martin (see above) is my favorite one. Lots of Hendricks Gin with a slice of cucumber, together with a delicious chicken soup. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete