About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 22 July 2011

When in Please Don't Tell- New York's answer to the Chamber of Secrets !

Wingardio LevioBAR !!! 

I recently went to see the final Harry Potter movie. I am a bit of a fantasy fanatic. I love the concept that a shabby old boot could be a port key to another world or throwing dust into the air is another form of transportation. However unknown to me this world actually exists.

Down the bustling street of St Marks in New York, filled with Asian food places and tattoo parlours, bars and all sorts of creatures of the night, there is a simple hot dog shop called Crif Dog. Now I know what you are thinking. What does a hot dog shop have to do with Harry Potter? And why would I write about a hot dog restaurant on a fashion oriented blog?

Within this hot dog parlour, to the left hand side, is a phone box. You enter the phone box one by one, and you dial the number 1. Nothing happens. You stand in the booth, door shut trying to understand what is the point of standing in a hot dog restaurant in a phone booth. Suddenly out of nowhere, the back of the phone booth opens and you enter a new world.

A world of low ceilings, and wooden walls, stuffed animals and a glowing bar. You have entered Please Don't Tell bar. A bar which is everyones secret.
The Phone Box

The cocktails are as interesting as your entrance. A melange of flavours, colours and textures.

Only a certain amount of people are allowed in the bar at one time so you need to book in advance, however the planning is well worth the  effort as you feel like a VIP or in my case VIWW ( a very important wannabe wizard!)

This is a must visit When in New York!

For more information:
Please Don't Tell
113 St. Marks Pl. New YorkNY 10009

2 comments:

  1. I'll keep reading your blog Lauren! This is a good tip when Bart & I will be visiting NYC again - hopefully anytime soon. ;-)
    Keep up the good work girl! Love it!!!
    xxx Inge

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you like the blog! Spread the When In Fashion word! Send my love to the family!!!

    ReplyDelete