About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Sunday 25 September 2011

WHEN IN BAR LUZIA - An ongoing House Party!

trend·y

  [tren-dee]  Show IPA adjective, trend·i·er,trend·i·est, noun, plural trend·ies.
adjective
1.
of, in, or pertaining to the latest trend  or style.
2.
following the latest trends  or fashions; up-to-date or chic:the trendy young generation.

3. Bar Luzia - Oranienstrasse Berlin 


We all like our hang out joints on a Friday night. We like them because we know what we can expect. However I am the kind of person who thrives on the unexpected. Yes there are times where we want our comfort zones however, there is a fragment of our brains who wish for the edginess and the cool vibe.

Bar Luzia is one of those sleepy places by day and a ram packed nocturnal hang out during the night.

The interior is dimly lit and all you can see is the flicker of candlelight hovering against the redbrick exposed walls. Old vintage furniture litter the room and who find yourself ducking and diving to find a space at the bar. Usually on most nights and in most circumstances I wouldn't dream of entering such a packed place as all I want to do on a friday is relax after the stressful week, however I will make an exception for this bar.

The cool, bright young things visit this bar in the deep underbelly streets of Oranienstrasse in the east of Berlin.



The base of the music playing in the background is like a rhythmic pattern of the ins and outs of the crowd. Always changing and keeping the atmosphere alive.

I kind of feel as if I have just gatecrashed someones house party, you don't know anyone when you enter, the setting is very casual yet everyone looks effortlessly cool and you feel a bit foreign however you leave feeling as if you have made a pile of brand new friends.

This is a must visit When in Berlin

From the cradle bars
Comes a beckoning voice
It sends you spinning
You have no choice......

You hear laughter
Cracking through the walls
It sends you spinning
You have no choice

Following the footsteps
Of a rag doll dance
We are entranced
Spellbound at Bar Luzia 



For more info see:
Oranienstrasse 34 Berlin Kreuzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment