About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 26 August 2011

WHEN IN TAFILALET CREATION- A little glimpse into Paradise

Oh Aladdin!! You are too generous!

My own creation 
The souks can be a frightening place to the first time visitor. You have this preconceived idea of how shopping in the market should be- Aladdin springing from the rooftops, lamps with your own personal genie, magic carpets ( so pretty much the usual!)  and you have a long list of items that you wish to by. You want items made, you want to deck out your home with things from the orient without paying crazy prices- I get it!

As a girl however I need my time to mill around the souks for fashion. Something that no one will have, only I will posses that is totally me and that screams- ' Ha - twas a gift from Shaikh Zamzalabim!'

At the beginning of the main avenue of the market there is a store that is a little glimpse into Paradise. It is a store that looks like it should be some of the hidden treasures from Pirates of the Caribbean. It is Tafilalet Creation.

In this store is a man who is like the God of all jewels. Omar is a talented designer who will help you choose ( without the normal pressure of buying in the souk) a piece that fits you. Every stone has a story and every thread and fitment has been chosen specifically to make the piece stand out. The array of semi precious stones is too amazing- I felt like crying with joy the first time I stepped in this store, my boyfriend thought that something terrible had happened, but I had to explain, ' I am at home here' said with hand on heart.

From Amethyst, to ruby, from coral to jade, from sparkling tourmaline and Sapphire you can not NOT love the colour burst in the store. The designs are relatively classic but be not fooled by this. If you are after modern and personalised creations, you simple have to ask Omar and it is ' No problem madame' within 24-48 hours you can design your own piece and have it made quicker than you can say 'Bulgari, Cartier and Tiffany!!!'



Imagine designing your own piece in this seasons colours with your own personal flair! Or picking out a necklace which has more citrine droplets than a bunch of grapes or a topaz the size of your fist! All for a bargain!

This is a must visit When in Marrkech!

A kiss on the hand may be quite continental
But Omar is a girl's best friend
A kiss may be grand... but it won't pay the rental on your gorgeous ring
Or all those other sparkly things
Men grow cold as girls grow old
And we all lose our charms in the end
But square cut or pear shape these rocks don't lose their shape
Omar is a girl's best friend

For more info see:
5 Souk Essemmarine Marrkech

Model: Sasha Litvintseva

No comments:

Post a Comment