About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 2 September 2011

WHEN IN APOTHEKE - Rolling in the deep


'I have a faint cold fear thrills through my veins' ( Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet)

Down the dark alley way in China town, where the streets are empty and yesterdays newspapers litter the road, the small flickering of a broken lamp lights the path and you are alone. This is the feeling which you usually aim to avoid. Anything like this I would never volunteer to feel, however if it means I can get myself to one of the most spectacular bars in New York, well then that's a different matter completely.

Apotheke is an old Opium hang out joint in a small winding road in south Manhattan. You don't know its a bar from the quiet slumbering street but as you enter you are in a trans and are immediately addicted. 

My mouth literally hit the floor on entering as you are surrounded by baroque vintage furniture a low ceiling and a glowing bar scattered with ointment bottles. You feel a bit naughty- as if you shouldn't be there, but it is too good to leave.

There is a slight haze as you enter, as if the whole room  was filled with smoke but you see in front shelves filled with antique chemist bottles and oils with leaves and flowers creating this tang of potions.
There is a really cool beat in the background creating a buzz from the underground, well known songs mixed with a lounge twist ' Rolling in the deep....' echoing through the room with a strong base line whilst you fraternise with the magical cocktails of this dark, deep bar.

The menu of cocktails reflect the entire experience of the bar. Health and Beauty, Stress Relievers, Pain Killers, Stimulants, Aphrodisiacs, Pharmaceuticals, Euphoric Enhancers, Therapeutic Treatments and House Remedies.... are the categories in which you choose.

Be addicted, take a risk and fall into euphoria.

This is a MUST visit When in New York

There's a fire starting in this place
Reaching a fever pitch, and it's showing in my face
Finally I can see you crystal clear
Go ahead and sell it to me out and I'll lay your shit bare
See how I'll go to Apotheke all the time with you
Don't underestimate the things that I will do

We could have it all
Rolling in the deep
(Drinks are gonna flow, rolling in the deep)
You can not escape the beat
(You're gonna wish you could never leave)
And you played it to the beat
(Drinks are gonna flow, rolling in the deep)



For more info see:
9 Doyers street
New York NY 10013




No comments:

Post a Comment