About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Saturday 10 September 2011

WHEN IN BOND 07 BY SELIMA - A Magical Vintage Emporium

Patricia- How could you keep this a secret?!



Vintage. It is a word you hear often nowadays when it comes to fashion. Vintage stores, vintage styles, vintage inspiration. Everywhere you go there is some kind of reference to a style that is vintage.

Walking through Soho I stumbled upon a store that can only be describe as a magical vintage emporium. Filled from front to back with fabulous designer finds and some amazing jewelry.

You walk in and its like you have been given the key to Patricia Fields secret stash of clothes that Carrie Bradshaw would have worn. Pieces from all over the fashion world this place is swarming with choice. Ironically this store's main item is glasses, however it holds a variety of every accessory.

You wander through and all you can do is stare in awe at pieces throughout the ages which are sooo on trend. It is like your very own fashion history lesson which is lot more fun than listening to facts nfon the cold war for the hundredth time!!

My advice would be - If you are out shopping and you want to buy 1 really special  piece that no one else will have, then this is the place to go. Mix it with a modern piece of jewelry and check out their museum of beautiful Chanel, Louis Vuitton and Gucci handbags.

It is really a breathe of fresh air to see a vintage store where the clothes aren't moth eaten or dusty or have that annoying 'old' smell. It is so good to see a place where vintage is revamped and renewed to make it modern and so accessible to you and to me.

This is a must visit When in New York

Sitting here I'm eating my heart out baby
waiting for some great fashion to come
seen about a 1000 stores baby
none of which my feelings are strong!



Looking for some Vintage baby this evening
I need Vintage baby tonight
I want some Vintage baby this evening
gotta have Vintage  - God I need something from the store Selima tonight


For more info see:
7 Bond Street bet. Broadway and Lafayette
NYC, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment