About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Thursday 8 September 2011

WHEN IN THE TATE MODERN - A Giant in the Art World

The official home of modern Ideas 

What to do on a rainy afternoon? I could go spend time in the Westfield center, but I have seen it all before, I don't want to run from shop to shop getting soaked. I could sit in a coffee shop and watch the world go by, but 3 lattes is definitely my limit.

On rainy days I take myself to the museums. Especially the Tate Modern. It never gets boring walking through the main entrance to see that vast stretch of open space. You have to catch your breathe for a minute. You stand in the middle of the entrance just looking up and all you see is light - pure, and natural light.

I love wondering around the huge hall spaces admiring the works of Jackson Pollock, Patrick Heron, Brancusi and Kandinsky ( to name a few) - artists who created ideas of the modern world.

You look out through one of the tall windows and you peer into the sights of London. For a split second you feel like a giant and you have total power over the city below.


The Tate Modern always has great exhibitions on so you are never disappointed. Whether it is Miro or Rothko, the Tate is totally equip to house these giants for you to visit.

There is this level of inter-activeness which I feel is so important to the Tate Modern. You feel very close to the art, rather than separated by barriers. It might be due to the size of the gallery, however it creates that personal experience which I believe lacks in many art galleries.

In addition the museum has one of the best book stores for art I have ever been to. I always find something great to take home with me. A little piece of modern art to call my own!

Come rain or shine this is a must visit When in London

All around me are familiar faces
Painted places, sketched and installations 
Bright and light  for the daily races
Walking through, walking through 


And I find it always interesting, I find it kind of great
The dreams in which I'm here are the best in any case
I find it hard to tell you, you need to see yourself 
When people walk into the the Tate it's a very very  
Modern world, modern world


For more info see:
Bankside
London SE1 9TG

No comments:

Post a Comment