About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Label's Inc- the Aladdin’s Cave of Couture

Lore Ongenae- Window May 2011
Situated just off the bustling Nationalstraat in Antwerp's centre this is a much understated shop, with an eye-catching window.
Now imagine you had been transported into Arabian nights- Aladdin's cave of precious gems and riches reaching out as far as the eye can see-this is better!
I remember the first time I entered this store not having much of an expectation until I started milling through the rails of clothing to find that my hands were touching Dries van Noten, Marni, Balmain, Westwood, Margiela and the list goes on...I felt that I had just raided Lady Gaga's or Gwen Stefani's closet- something about this experience
made me feel as if I was partly dreaming and part of a top secret fashion raid!
From major fashion names to collaborations with the prestigious fashion academy and exhibitions of world renowned designers, Labels Inc. is every fashion hunter’s dream. They always have new stock so you ‘have’ to keep going back as you will always find something new and exciting.( I say have to- my heart says yes and my credit card says no- but who listens to plastic?!)
There are very few stores in which I say immediately 'Yes' to an item of clothing, however I think Label's Inc has cracked this habit of mine, as now when I see something that grabs me- I think 'Ha! Nicholas Kirkwood- you thought you could take me for hundreds-but now I pay 70% less! Gotcha!' Well something along those lines.

Even my boyfriend, who is the careful one with cash (and German), went a bit OTT in this store, trying everything on and placing it straight onto the front desk with no questions or queries.

Window at Labels Inc. 
Recently opening up a pop up store in the picturesque setting of Bruges, this is a must see When In Antwerp.

For more info on Labels Inc see: http://www.labelsinc.be/

Address: Aalmoezenierstraat 4, 2000 Antwerp, Belgium 



No comments:

Post a Comment