About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Thursday 19 May 2011

Josephine's- Make room for cocktails!

Josephine's living room 
Now if you have just moved to a new city- or you are visiting for your birthday, then it is relatively difficult finding a good place to go for dinner and drinks that has a good vibe, interior, price and of course quality of food.

I was turning 22 in Antwerp and had only just moved to the city, so I knew that finding a place to celebrate would be vital.( Not as vital as a super sweet 16 show - but hey I like to make an effort! I wasn't going to have a massive pink pony or car wrapped up with a bright bow standing outside waiting for me whilst Antwerp watches in horror- or should I? hmmm)

Again like most of my quests, I found Josephine's by chance, another secret gem in the heart of Antwerp's south.

A gorgeous living room feeling with hints of vintage perfume bottles decking out the bar area. Marie Antoinette furniture, tea pots and retro china wear along the wall. Very girly and very chic. The food is Belgium with a twist. Beautiful meat and fish dishes and an amazing dessert ( as you can probably tell by now I have a sweet tooth) Chocolate brownies with caramel ice cream and earl grey droplets hmmmmm izzz niiiiccce!!
Perfumed Martinis

Cocktails at Josephine's are fabulous! I would seriously recommend the 'Folly Bergere'           ( looks like a swimming pool in a martini glass) ( The bar men know me by now- even when I enter they know that I will end up sitting on a sofa until about 2 or 3 am after a couple of Folly Bergeres!) If you like something a little more refined then try the perfumed martinis. Amazing mixture and perfect to cleanse ones palette before one dines!!

This is a must see When In Antwerp.

For more information see: http://www.josephines.be/



Address: Gentplaats 1

B-2000 Antwerp

1 comment: