About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Saturday 23 July 2011

WHEN IN THE PARADISE- Miss Havisham's London Pad!

The place they keep secret in Austin or Dickens!


When I find a restaurant that I really like, I tend to go back relatively often. I love my meat, I love my veg, I love my potatoes - I am happy.

On the corner of Kilburn road, is a dark and Gothic looking pub. London being notorious for its pub culture, you would expect that each pub would look relatively similar on the inside. Dark wooden bar, tables and chairs filling up the space and the VIP customer who resides at the end of the bar glugging down a pint.

When walking into the Paradise, you have walked into Miss Havisham's house from Great Expectations. And boy oh boy did Dickens leave out that she has style!

Rustic white painted floor boards, book cases from floor to ceiling, vintage bird cages hanging at all levels, old paintings of nobles and noblewomen, stuffed animals decked out in costume jewelery, mis -matched tables and chairs, vine leaves and roses, candles and neon lights.

From a pub/bar to a restaurant to a live venue and karaoke bar, this is every socialites PARADISE.

It is such a refreshing feeling to find a place which has such an individual style yet serves beautifully prepared food. English inspired cuisine with a modern gastro pub twist.

Oh, I've been to Nice and the isle of Greece 
when I sipped champagne on a yacht 
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo 
and showed them what I've got 
I've eaten sticky toffee pudding,  
rib eye steak with pepper sauce, chips and peas
I've been to PARADISE, it's the only place for me... 
 

This is a must visit When in London.

For more information see:
19 Kilburn Lane
Kensal Green
London, W10 4 AE

No comments:

Post a Comment