About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Thursday 28 July 2011

WHEN IN DAR CHARKIA -Hilton Who??

Aladdin's hip hidden hide out in Marrakech! 


Have you ever wondered what it would feel like to live in the lap of luxury? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to wake up and smell the hint of saffron and mint mixed with the mild spice of sheer and utter relaxation? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have your whole holiday taken care of before you even arrive at your destination? What would it feel like to stay somewhere where if feels as if you are in the comfort of your own home? What it would be like to have a room so unique that it makes Rosie Huntington Whitely look boring?

Well this is the place.

Dar Charkia is a hidden treasure in the heart of the bustling streets of Marrakech. Having only 6 rooms each has its own character and transports you into your own little world. The courtyard is refreshing melange of the orient peppered with colonial modernism.

Why not take tea on the roof looking over a labyrinth of roof tops, or take a dip in the plunge pool surrounded by floating tea lights, cool down by reading a book in the salon with an audience of Cameroon masks, the list could go on...

Marrakech has become a trendy hot spot and Riads are dotted around the city.
It is therefore hard to find a place with value, service and quality. Dar Charkia holds all these attributes plus more. It goes beyond the boundaries of customer service and its design highlights pure taste. The owners are so honest that they give you all the insiders tips to the city on arrival. So no need for any Aladdin moments, you are in safe hands!

The only point I would make is that you need to book now or else be disappointed- that you have to stay somewhere else!

Bugger the Marriott, we don't need the Sofitel, Hilton who? There is only one Dar Charkia and this is a must stay When in Marrakech!


I see a beautiful room, pretty flowers  too
I see mint tea  for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful Riad.



I see skies of blue and clouds of white
The brightness of day, and candles at night t
And I think to myself what a wonderful Riad.


For more information see:
www.darcharkia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment