About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 7 October 2011

When in the blues kitchen - Swing your way into the early hours

Dirty Dancing just got a lot dirtier

It is always fun hearing live music. I love a little get down and boogy moment. However I find it very difficult to find these special places which have so much character and always put on a good show!

In the heart of Camden town is a place so cool that someone like Johnny Depp could not compare to this joint. If MTV were to film Muddy Water's crib this is what it would look and sound like.

The Blues Kitchen is a diner/bar which hosts great live performances almost every night. The food is that traditional all American food ( burgers, fries and ribs ( basically everything I love)) but you head back to the stage after a meal and a drink and you swing dance your way into the early hours of the morning.

The interior is rustic and raw and you are transported into another world of Jazz, with brass instruments dangling from the ceiling as light fittings, and tires littering the walls.

I felt as if Dirty Dancing had upped a level and we were in the pit of all things naughty and nice, the time of secret clubs in the prohibition age where we were the rebels of the night and no one could stop us from doing our thing

This is a must visit When in London

Ain't got the change of a nickel
Ain't got no bounce in my shoes
Ain't go no fancy to tickle
I ain't got nothing but the blues
Ain't got no coffee that's perking
Ain't got no winnings to lose
Ain't got a dream that is working
I ain't got nothing but the blues in the BLUES KITCHEN

for more info see:

111 - 113 Camden High Street
Greater London NW1 7JN

No comments:

Post a Comment