About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 25 October 2011

WHEN IN JEWELLERY - Maria Zureta




Bei Mir Bist du Schön


Vintage - a word used more often than 'polkadot' and 'trimmings' in the fashion world nowadays. We use history to inspire the future however some designers are able to create trends rather than follow them. I met Ricardo Costa, creator of Maria Zureta Jewlery at Portabello and Spitalfields market a few years ago, where he was a stand attracting the fashion forward and slightly more risqué customer. The customer who wants to have everyone at the evening cocktail party approach them and ask 'I love your necklace, where is it from?' . The customer who has great style and a slightly more complex personality ( seems like I am describing myself!)


He takes unique pieces of old jewellery and refashions it into something spectacular and before you know it, before you can shout,' Givenchy, YSL and Margiela!' - you are wearing something exceptional. Chains and brooches, old spoons and lighters, twine and buttons, every piece is totally different with a little part of history attached to it, so you know that you are wearing a one off.

I feel when I wear each one of my pieces it says a little bit more about my own personality, a little more complex yet always glamorous. If you are looking to be different then you must have a Maria Zuerta piece. If you want to take vintage to another level then you must have a Maria Zureta piece. If you looking for that one item that will make the most simple outfit a work of art then you must have a Maria Zureta piece. If all of the above - Then you must have a Maria Zureta piece!!

This is a must visit When in London

Of all the designs I've known, and I've known some
Until I first saw you, I was lonesome
And when you came in sight, dear, my heart grew light
And this old world seemed new to me

You're really swell, I have to admit you
Deserve expressions that really fit you
And so I've racked my brain, hoping to explain
All the things that you do to me

Bei mir bist du sch"n, please let me explain
Bei mir bist du sch"n means you're grand
Bei mir bist du sch"n, again I'll explain
It means you're the fairest in the land

I could say "Bella, bella", even say "Voonderbar"
Each language only helps me tell you how grand you are



for more info see:
www.mariazureta.com

No comments:

Post a Comment