About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Monday 1 August 2011

WHEN IN TARTINE- A few of the West Village's favourite things!

These are a few of Tartine's Favourite things!

New York loves its diners, restuarnts and cafes. Even though I have been here now for a month I still feel like a tourist in a supermarkt. My mouth stays open when I am looking around and trying to take in the the 300 different types of milk and the 250 types of cereal etc.

I feel the same way about the little delis or diners scattered around the city. You will always find somewhere to eat for whatever pleasure you feel like.

Tartine is a little brunch parlour in the heart of the West Village. Its located on a corner surrounded by what I can only describe as 'movie set' housing. The interior is a mix of Hamptonesque decor, making you feel as if you are by the sea side, brunching before heading down to the beach!

The brunch menu is approx $15 each and there is a huge selection. Anything from different styled eggs, to brioche or musli, you can pretty much have whatever you like.

In reality you get a bit sick and tired of the burger diner and meat joint so this place is a refreshing New York inspired deli with a slight european influence. Being in the heart of the west village its perfect for that little sunday stroll and an iced coffee whilst nosying around the streets, wondering ' if this was my house- what would it look like inside?' ( or maybe that is just what I do!)

Word of warning. This place is super popular so you should deffinately go earlier than later or you will be waiting in a que for about 30-40 minutes.

Beacon on brioche and Poached eggs on toast
Tea Cakes and Pancakes are what I like most
Musli, Fruits and cheezes lets us eat like Kings
This is a few of Tartines favorite things!

For more information see:
253 W. 11th St.

No comments:

Post a Comment