About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 9 August 2011

WHEN IN APARTMENT - Morticia Adam's wardrobe of Gaga pieces

The Mystery store 

You would usually expect to see rails, dressing rooms, a till, shelves, promotional images, sales staff etc. when walking into a store. These things are a given. Otherwise what would be the point in having a store that is empty. Well there is a new breed of shop in Berlin. I like to call it the 'Secret store'

Apartment is such a store. You walk into what I can only describe as a white space. A derelict room with an open front door and a spiral staircase to the side taking you down to the basement. It all seems rather strange. You go down the spiral staircase and everything turns from white to black and you enter a room filled with treasure from a secret and forbidden world. Independent Berlin designs to Bernhard Wilhelm, this store oozes cool and uniqueness.

You feel as if sexy, sensual Morticia Adams from the Adams family were to give you the key to her secret closet then this is what it would like.

I was extremely excited the first time I went into Apartment as I found a design by Bernhard Wilhelm which I had read about in a book from his then latest runway show. I remember seeing it drape on the hanger in this dark dimly lit corner of the room and jumped with excitement, putting it directly on the counter.

It is bang in the center of Mitte so you are surrounded by cool clever shopping experiences.

This is a must see When in Berlin

Little tip
Next door around the corner is the outlet store of Apartment. Great designers deals!


The clothes a cool and Kooky  
The store is a little spooky, 
The experience is cool, see the 
Apartment store in Berlin. ( Click click)  

For more info see:
Alexanderplatz. Memhardstraße 8 10178 Berlin

1 comment: