About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Monday 15 August 2011

WHEN IN BUTTERFLY SOULFIRE - A soul of its own

It's the sound of the Underground


I love Berlin. It has so much to offer. So much undiscovered treasures, I can't help but sing its praises. Wondering the exciting little side streets you are always going to find something interesting. On Mulackstrasse in Mitte there is a store that I found so unique and so dark at the same time. Imagine a scary movie that has extreme fashion taste and there you have Butterfly Soulfire.

Dark tones mixed with occasion light flashes, leather, fur and jersey are the fabrics of choice. Braiding and slashing and tailoring are the tools of choice to create these urban/classic inspired creations.
The first time I walked into this little boutique, a lightbulb switched and I went a little ape. I tried over half the stores collection on and kept having to go for another look to make sure I hadn't forgotten anything. I bought a top in duck egg blue in a sheer fabric slightly off the sholder ( something out of a Marni collection), a sweather ( with a side of faux fur for a luxury look), some trousers ( half leather, half tailored- unisex for the androgenous look) and some sunglasses made from a piece of X ray film which clips to your temples and rolls up into a piece of film to put in your pocket.

The items are all hand made and are limited so you feel you are buying something special that only you will have.

This is a real boutique store, small, quaint but with an attitude so you are getting a taste of Berlin's underground fashion scene whilst buying something that makes you stand out of the crowd.

This is a must visit When in Berlin!


Down by the street by the tramlines
Where everybody shops all the time 
Where you wont see any rising sun
Down to the street we will run

Oh  I see how everything is torn in the shop
And I don't know why I go the way
Down by the Butterfly


For more information see:
Mulackstrasse 11, 10119 Berlin Mitte

No comments:

Post a Comment