About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Wednesday 10 August 2011

WHEN IN BAR TAUSEND- a Tausend times better than you imagine!


The Berlin Bunker

We thought that underground bunkers were a thing of a the past. Things that are only used in wars. That we would have no need of them in this day and age. We are all so wrong.  Located in Mitte on Schiffbauerdamm is a metal door under a bridge. A steel frame leading into the unknown. You knock on this frame and a slit opens and closes. The frame opens. A man asks you if you would like to eat or drink and then shuts the door on you. You wait. The frame opens again and you are taken down a tunnel entrance into another room. A room which is lit by a single light at the end of the tunnel which then reflects onto silver sheets covering the entire ceiling! It is such an amazing sight. You walk in and are memorised by the incredible grandeur of the room. Booths outline the side and straight ahead you have a glowing bar. The events vary from lounge to rock and roll live band, Jazz to techno. It is definitely not a one tricky pony venue.

When I entered this bar for the first time I remember that I was in total awe. I must have looked like a right divvy with my mouth open and eyes the sizes of coins. But I couldn't help myself. The place is so alive and electric that you feel compelled to gawp and gaze for a few moments ( in my case and hour) until you realise that you are hanging out with the cool elite of Berlin.

Important to note. You do need to book for this place. Coming unbooked may lead to disappointment. A little tip try to come to the door around 11pm. You stand more of a chance getting in. Don't come in huge groups. No more than 4. It is not a big venue therefore they like to keep space.

The venue also hosts a fantastic fusion restaurant in an equally spectacular setting. Dine in style and then go for a cool drink at the bar whilst listening to the latest house grooves or live band.

This is a must visit When in Berlin!

I don't care if the sun don't shine
I go out  in the evenin time
when I'm in Bar Tausend  

It's no fun when the suns around
I get my groove on when the sun goes down
When I'm with my Bar Tausend

For more info see:

Schiffbauerdamm 11
10117 Berlin, Germany
030 41715396

No comments:

Post a Comment