About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 30 August 2011

WHEN IN DECIBEL - Sake's Secret Garden

The Bunker of the Orient!

Now those who know me know that I am the world's worst drinker. I am a cheap date, I get very tipsy very quickly and when that happens I end up singing the Marseilles backwards.


However I have recently been to a bar that it is uber cool and one those grungy underground venues that only the New Yorkers in the Know could tell you about.

Decibel is a little underground sake bar which I can only describe as grunge. Grunge with great style. The walls are covered in graffiti created by all customers, the atmosphere is dark and dim, the eerie sense of the hidden setting mixed with Michael Jackson music?? The strange concoction of styles mixes up to be one very hip bar with little tables and stools only allowing a select few to sit and enjoy the comforts of Sake. Japanese lanterns flicker and old fairy lights blink and the splash of colour comes from the old bottles of sake lined up against the wall.

It hosts almost 100 different types of Sake all with a unique and subtle flavour.
I highly recommend for those that are newbies at Sake to try the cocktails ( especially Rio - very nice taste) and pace yourselves as from personal experience - once you enter you never leave!

This is a must visit When in New York

It's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark
Under the moonlight, you see a sight that almost stops your heart
You try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it
You start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
You're paralyzed

'Cause this is SAKE, SAKE  night
And no one's gonna save you from the beast about strike
You know it's SAKE, SAKE night
You're drinking for your life inside, SAKE tonight


For more info see:
8th St-NYU
6 at Astor Pl

No comments:

Post a Comment