About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Saturday 6 August 2011

WHEN IN LF- The Bohemian Rhapsody of New York Fashion

Clothes Glorious Clothes!



I thought I had seen everything in the soho area. I thought I had left no fashion stone unturned. However today I walked down Spring street and came to a standstill infront of the campiest and most OTT shop window. Platforms covered in the american flag, floaty sparkly dresses and heels, even Gaga would be impressed. It felt as if I had walked back into the 70s where flairs and boho jewels decked out the shop floor through this jumble sale jungle of a store. However, don't be fooled, the most stylish of stylistas paraded through the shop, looking for retro inspired clothes.

Mock Prada shoes and cascading floating see through summer dresses brought the shop into the noughties and you couldn't help yourself but run around grabbing the must have items of this season.

I grabbed a black chiffon asymmetric dress ( Like something out of a Alexander Wang show) and paired it with a body con skirt and retro belt and felt like a million dollars. The fun doesn't end there. As you wonder over to the till you find yourself engorged by the treasure chest filled with boho jewels to jazz up you outfit.

In otherwords I went a bit ape and lost myself within the piles of silk and chiffon. The condition Purchasing syndrome took over and I couldn't control my hand at the till. ( Side affects are: lots of reaching into ones wallet and compulsive muscle spasms resulting in signatures on receipts)

I highly recommend this funky store When In New York



Clothes glorious Clothes
Dresses, skirts and hot pants
Things that I like most
purchasing when I get the chance


Jewels covered in ethnic stones
wedges so tall I could fly
O Clothes glorious clothes - Glorious Clothes!!!


For more info see:

149 Spring Street
New York, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment