About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Wednesday 17 August 2011

WHEN IN NIBS- Willy Wonker has nothing on this place!

I want Nibs Now!!!


If you decide one day that you want to take a trip to Berlin during the months of January and February, you will need Arctic weather reinforcements, lots of thermal underwear, possible snow boots, a slay and Nibs.
Nibs is what I like to call as the Spanish Willy Wonker. Everything is about chocolate. Chilly and chocolate, walnut and chocolate, raisin and chocolate, chocolate fondue, Chocolate fruit, hot chocolate, Ice chocolate...etc the list can go on. However in this little choco den, the most treasured item on the menu is the ' Spanische Chokolade mit Churros' translation to- Spanish chocolate with Churros.

You will see in a corner a little machine rotating the juiciest, most chocolaty mixture all day keeping it fresh and smooth. Once you order, the lady will go to a machine at the back a prepare warm freshly made churros and sprinkle it with sugar. Then you see her release this choco mixture into a cup which is soooo gooey and mouth watering. It is then placed in front of you. You dip the churros into the cup and consume. It is so naughty and good that the only noise that can be heard is the long drawn out ' hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm' ( sounding a little too much like a good thing ;)  )  Then all is quiet and before you know it you have devoured every last drop and completely cleaned the cup of any chocolate smear.

It is a tiny place so sometimes I would take a Spanish chocolate to go and walk around window shopping in the west of Berlin.

This is a must visit When in Berlin

I want Chocolate
I want Churros
Silky and warm theres nothing I want more
In a cute little store

Don't care how
I want Nibs Now!!
For more info see:
Bleibtreustraße 46
10623 Berlin


No comments:

Post a Comment