About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Sunday 7 August 2011

WHEN IN THE RUM TRADER-Drinkin Rum and Coca Cola!!!



Back to the 20s

Step back in time to the 1920s Berlin. On the corner of Ludwigkirchplatz is a blacked out window and door which leads you into a room that only fits 2 round tables. You are surrounded by 100s of bottles or Rum. Now I know nothing about Rum or any kind of alcohol for that matter but my mouth dropped when walking into this little Rum cabinet in the middle of the Berlin's west side.

20s jazz echos throughout the room and the bar tender has been transported from the era to serve you in the most civilized manner. The entire experience amazes me as you step into the bar coming from the noughties and end up in the golden era of Berlin before the outbreak of World War.

Don't worry, if you are like myself and have no idea from the uber abundance of choice, the bartender will ask you if you prefer sweet or sour drinks and will recommend something for the occasion. Every time he has been right on the money!

It is great to go here before a big dinner for an aperitif or if you feel like a night cap.

This is a must visit When in Berlin

Drinkin' rum and Coca-Cola
Go down to the Rum Tradaaa
On the Fasanenstrassaaa
Workin' for the Yankee dollar



For more information see:
Fasanenstraße 40, 10719 Berlin

No comments:

Post a Comment