About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 12 August 2011

WHEN IN THE BIRD - Fish gotta swim and Birds gotta have Burgers?

Let's Have a Bird Burger!!!


Berlin is that ever developing city. When I first left the city I would go back on those sentimental visits, where I drive round the city and go to all my old hoods and reminisce on the good old days. This was the first time I went back. Now I go back to discover what new delights the city has to offer.

The east has this underground urban vibe to it which is creating such a buzz. In the heart of the east is a restaurant that I can only say - should have my name written across the front. I am a meat and potato gal- i know , not exactly staying off the carbs however I like to think of it as my own version of the Atkins diet or as I call it - Fleischfresser diet!

It is called the Bird. I don't really know why it has that name, but all I can tell you is that deep in the heart of  Prenzlauerberg this is a mini American styled diner/pub which serves the best in burgers and buffalo wings. The portions are massive and you feel that you have eaten your weight in cow but it is definitely worth it. You come from the streets of Berlin into the Hell's Angeles pub of the US and the atmosphere is great. You need to book for this rough diamond of a restaurant as without a booking you might be waiting for a relatively long time.

My boyfriend took me here on our anniversary. Nice right- there was me thinking 'Oh a romantic table for two , candles and the glint in his eye as he sighs in utter contentment while he stares at me thinking - I'm the luckiest guy in the world....' oh no these sorts of celebrations don't happen to me. Instead it was wooden tables and benches sitting next to a large group of motorbike riders as they glugged down their beer and order with a very German accent ' I vvvill havve zeeee Biiirrrrd Buurrrrgerrrr wizz zeee friiiieeess und zeee beer sreeeee timmmeeesss pllleeezzz' I can only tell you that my boyfriend takes me to the best places, the ones that are humble and real and most of all serve me my meat!

This is a must visit When in Berlin

The Bird does it
I Love it
Even the most educated people do it
The Bird does it
Let's have a Burger!!

for more info see:
Am Falkplatz 5
Prenzlauerberg
10435

No comments:

Post a Comment