About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 30 August 2011

WHEN IN HERR VON EDEN - Suits that suit you!

The Modern Day Dandy  
Dedicated to the Modern Day Dandy of London- Prince Cassius

I love a man in a suit. But who doesn't?! It is so regal, so refined so charming! However the suit nowadays has become such a uniform, the greys,blacks and pinstripes, its like this vicious cycle of never ending gloom! What if there was a store that could create within a split second the appearance of the good old days with a twist and flash of colour? What if there was a store that could bring back ruffle shirts and make them hip? What if there was a store that could take two opposing colours that in the book of colour is rule no.1 ' Thou shalt not mix...' and make it so cool, so chic and so in demand? Well my friends there is such a store, it does exist and it is accessible to you and me.

Herr von Eden creates the ' Modern Day Dandy' look with such ease and elegance. Shot silk shirts, tartan trousers for him and her, walking sticks and hats, suits in all different colours of the rainbow, over sized ruffled men's shirts for women ( ones that look like they have come out of a Viktor and Rolf catwalk) cuff links of all styles, modern, classic etc. anything you could imagine in a traditional styled suit store and more.

I love milling through the rails of shot silk men's shirts picking out beautiful constructed pieces that are one offs. The blazers are out of this world each having a unique pattern or fabric.

You get lost in time whilst walking through the store foregetting that you are in the middle of east Berlin in the year 2011. Girls who want that chic androgynous look this is the place to go - not only do you find this boyish style here but you can feminine it up with the unique accessories that make it your own.

This is the perfect place to find a suit that suites your personality!

Must visit When in Berlin

Suit for two
All for me
Just one for you
And the rest for me alone
Nobody makes them, sells them or has them Mm, mm, mm,
No friends or relations Mm, mm, mm,
On weekend vacations Mm, mm, mm.
We won't have it known, dear,
That we own one from Herr von Eden, dear

We'll buy a whole new family
A suit for you
And a suit for me
Can't you see how happy we would be...

for more info see:
Alte Schönhauser Straße 14
10119 Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment