About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Friday 9 September 2011

WHEN IN FUNKY SOUL POTATO - Eat that funky soul Potato Baby!

The Spud with Soul

I am a girl ( with expensive shopping taste!) with a simple eating pallet. I like my meat, I like my veg and I LOVE my potatoes. Now there is a place in the world that mixes the spud and gourmet tastes together. This place is called Funky soul Potato. It sits on the corner of the main museum square surrounded by the trendy restaurants, bars and clubs all where you go to be seen.

The menu is simple, potato, potato, potato, potato and more potato. However please note that these are not normal size spuds, they are giants! The fillings range from zucchini and goats cheese, to curry and lamb, there is no shortage of choice.

Even though it has the gourmet element, what I really like is the humour this place brings to food. Names like boogie wonderlamb and Free Willy ( a tuna based filling of course) or Mustang Sally ( for the all American cheddar cheese and beacon), you really enjoy the dining experience. I sometimes feel that when you go to a restaurant and you take a look at the menu, the long drawn out names with the everlasting descriptions littered with adjectives becomes a process in itself to choose from. Funky soul takes the concept of choice and makes it fun!

What better way to spend you day in Antwerp than to take a stroll around the south visiting great boutiques and then enjoying a real hearty meal at Funky Soul.

This is a must visit When in Antwerp

Eat that funky soul potato baby
Eat that funky soul potato right
Eat that funky soul potato baby
Get down  with the boogie and eat that funky potato
Tonight! 


for more info see:
Volkstraat 76
2000 ANTWERPEN

No comments:

Post a Comment