About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 20 September 2011

WHEN IN SIPS - SIP up!

Incorporate your five Senses in the art of Drinking!


Finding a good cocktail is like finding a good partner. Rare, can be a little bitter, sometimes unsweetened, can have no taste at all or can knock you out of your seat but when you find it, it is truly magical! 


I was introduced to SIPS in Antwerp on the corner of the Gillisplaats in the heart of the south. A small bar, the classical kind with one talent. The drinks. Having one of the most famous cocktail makers in Belgium SIPS is the kind of bar you go to after a long day at the office, or after a nice hearty meal with friends. 


There is pretty much nothing this bar can't produce. Great G&Ts, every cocktail under the sun and I especially love their take on a Pimms. 


It is the kind of place where the elite of Antwerp go to be seen 'sipping' on a sleek martini glass.The bar encourages you to incorporate the 5 senses. Smell of the cocktail, the sight of the rich colour of the drink, the pure taste of the drink, the sound of a clinking glasses and the touch of one glass with another.


SIPS also offers workshops for those who want to test their skills in the art of cocktail shaking. Or if you are having a party they have a take away option of pre made cocktails ( Shhhh - don't tell your friends! They will never know where the amazing drinks come from at your party. For all they know you are the Maestro of all cocktail makers!) 


SIPS is one of those all round relaxed bars that gives a relaxing taste to some classics. 


I would usually head over to SIPS with the boys (who want a good drink and the excuse to have a fat cigar! ) after a long day at the office. It was a great way to end the week and a even better way to begin the weekend.




SIP up your troubles in your fav old cocktail
and bury them beneath the sea,
i don't care what the people may say,
As long as I am in S. I . P 




For more info see: 

http://www.sips-cocktails.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment