About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Monday 26 September 2011

When in Das neue Schwarz - Play dress up!

My walk in Wardrobe in Berlin

Berlin Mitte has lots of cool stores, all hidden and packed away. However some of them you really need to go digging for or you need to know someone uber cool who has the low down on Berlin's fashion scene ( like myself for example- don't want brag, but one is partial to a bit of fashion scavenging!)

Hidden in a Berlin hof is a store that is like a dress up closet that you used to play in when you were trying on mummy's shoes, hats and pearls smothering yourself in lipstick posing in front of the mirror...or was that just me???

Das neue Schwarz ( translated into The new black) is a little boutique vintage store located in the heart of mitte.

With beautiful one off pieces, this is definitely the kind of place you go if you want to find an amazing designer product.

There are no windows showing you a display of outfits and there is no real entrance. You simply ring a door bell and walk through a courtyard to see an open door, almost as if you are going to someone's house for dinner. Very casual, very low key and all about the fab fashion.

If you like to find pieces that are out of the ordinary and you love your vintage fashion then this is a place for you.

This is a must visit When in Berlin

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I try on something from Das neue Schwarz 
While combing my hair now,
And wondering what dress to wear now,
I try something from Das neue Schwarz 


for more info see:
Mulackstraße 37
10119 Berlin, Germany

No comments:

Post a Comment