About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Wednesday 7 September 2011

WHEN IN L'EPICERIE DU CIRQUE - Food Glorious Food

'This is not just food- this is Belgium food!'

Eating in Belgium is a wonderful dining experience. Over a year I can safely say that I was fed well. Rich food, with gorgeous sauces, meat which tastes like velvet, the home of the french fry , delicate smooth Belgium chocolate desserts....hmmmmm I could go on forever ( I feel like the woman from the Marks and Spencer advert- 'This is not just food, this is Belgium food' with her sexy deep voice whilst you watch dripping succulent images of what you might have for dinner)

Off the main square in the heart of the south in Antwerp is a little place called l'épicerie du cirque. It is a small, simple and modern tavern which seats probably no more than 15 people. The menu is simple food with that extra twist which you don't notice until it is placed in front of you.

I can safely say that if food could talk the filet that I had there would say ' OH MY GOD - HMMMMMMMMMMMM'  I literally could not bring out the words comprehensively to explain my feeling of sheer joy in eating at this little place.

I started with the filet and season greens which had been lightly marinated in the most gorgeous sauce. I then had the chocolate fondant with home made raspberry sorbet which was like that warm feeling in the winter where you put on your thickest socks and woolliest jumper and sit with a thick hot chocolate on the most cushiony, velvety sofa. ( I am a tad dramatic - but that's how I felt)


Accompanied by great wine and great company this was a perfect evening with food that made you think of home.

This is a must visit When in Antwerp

Food glorious food
Velvet filet, greens and dijon mustard
Chocolate, cream and fruit smoother than the best custard
Fish, sides and pastry
Sauces so rich and so tasty
L'epicerie du Cirque!

for more info see:
Leopold de Waelstraat 7
2000 Antwerpen, Belgium

No comments:

Post a Comment