About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 13 September 2011

WHEN IN OAK - Setting the pace for the trend race

A Love affair with Forward thinking Fashion


I am very easily excited. Many people say that I laugh at pretty much anything. My response is - I am a genuinely happy person. But nothing makes me happier when I find an item of clothing that embodies everything I love about fashion. Or a store that has 'Welcome - You are our favourite customer' written in lights above the doors. ( a little dramatic, but I love it )

On Bond street ( not the one in London- there is one in New York too) there is a store which brings that independent one of a kind fashion to the streets of New York. A melange of designers such as Margiela, Acne, Theory and Wang- creates this delicious concoction of young fresh pieces.

Now I know that you can buy Wang and Theory etc. in most major fashion stores however what Oak achieves is different. They have pulled together the very best in the collection, the very individual pieces to create a perfect unique store.

It has this muted feeling when you walk in- very simple, very plain not deviating from the focal point of the interesting clothes. However it has this avant garde weird sensation as if you have stepped into another universe. A universe where everyone is at the top of the fashion radar.

The selection of accessories is equally as good and interesting as the clothing. I am in a love affair with their selection of rings. Armored and riveted, silver and gold.

What I also liked about the store is that nothing seemed to go over a certain price point. The pieces start from around 50 dollars for something from Cheap Monday to about 450 dollars for something from Maison Margilea. So if you are the kind of person who likes to be different in your dress sense and you are willing to pay a little more than standard pricing then Oak is definitely for you. It is for the fashion forward buyer who wants to set the pace for the trend race. I am already putting on my running shoes!

This is a must visit When in New York

Happiness, hit her like a train on a track
Coming towards her, stuck don't want to turn back
She look around all corners and she looked on the rails
She looked downstairs and looked every where
With every step her heart light up
And pounded and beated it could not stop

The dog days are over
The dog days are done
OAK fashion is coming
So you better run

for more info see:
28 Bond Street
New York, NY 10012

No comments:

Post a Comment