About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 27 September 2011

WHEN IN CAFE SELECT - USA vs. Austria

Have you heard of Cafe Select?? ( Haben sie gehort von Cafe Select?)

Deep down I am a bit of a german. I love my schnitzels, I love the weisswurstel and I love a good Spezi! ( Basiccally a mix of fanta and coca cola - wierdest but best mix ever!)

Walking down Lafayette street is great. There is always something interesting. If you are stuck for a place to dine, have a gander down Lafayette. It is always bustling and there are some fab finds.

I tried one night with the German boyfriend, Cafe Select. It has this uber retro feel to it, a bit industrial and a bit american trendy diner.
When I saw the menu on the outside my eyes turned into saucers as I saw Schnitzel and I grabbed hold of my boyfriends hand and said ' YUP we are going here!'

Starting with an aperitif and followed by a bottle of wine, this place does saxon ( a mix of german/ austrian/ Swiss - they are) very well. Of course there is the US twist to it however it is a very enjoyable experience.

I thouroughly enjoyed my meal and the ambience is perfect for one of those lazy evenings where you want a good hearty dinner and a cool vibe all mixed in to one. You are surrounded by the uber cool Soho area, and chic people of south Manhatten flicker in and out. So obviously I felt right at home !

If you want a good meal and you like people watching this is the place to go! This is a must dine When in New York

Haben sie gehort von Cafe Select
Mit a bang
Mit a boom
Mit a bing-bang bing-bang boom
Aaah, haben sie gehort von Cafe Select

Mit a bang
Mit a boom
Mit a bing-bang bing-bang boom


For more info see:
212 Lafayette St # A
New York, NY 10012-4025

No comments:

Post a Comment