About Me

My photo
London, United Kingdom
Fashion is a most definitely a passion, however I love to inspire people. I love sharing things I have discovered. From London originally but brought up in Berlin, family in Marrakech and spend most of my life living out of a suitcase. Most people would despise the continuous nomadic behaviour, however I thrive on packing for a new adventure! Stay tuned as I post about 2-3 times a week giving you a taster on my exciting finds!

Tuesday 13 September 2011

WHEN IN MARNI-Will you Marni me ?

The essence of Great Style 

I thought I would dedicate this post to a brand that in my opinion embodies the essence of great style and innovation in fashion.

Marni is one of those brands that is the height of luxury. Beautiful colour schemes, eye catching fabrics and incredible styling - this is my favourite designer.

I am the kind of gal that will save up, pocket money and all,  so that I can go and buy something really special from Marni. It usually means I can buy a small piece of jewelry but it gives me another excuse to go into one of their avant garde stores.





However no matter how small the purchase is, it never fails to get attention. My first buy was a pair of earrings from Bisceter village ( an amazing outlet ). They have this autumnal feathery look to them and they go with anything making any outfit spectacular.


There is this essence of 60s swing in Marni's design but it never fails to modernize its creations.
Marni takes elements of key trends every season and produces something different. A line pencil skirts in  sheer fabrics, fitted waistcoats in retro prints, over sized bags in patent leather and architecual shoes Marni never fails to impress. It re invents its brand by collaborating with young modern day artists such as Gary Hume, who produces artwork similar in style to Marni's style and colour blocking. Hence a great way to bring the brand to the 21st century of cutting edge art and fashion.





















So at the end of the day, Marni is one of those special brands that will always have a special place in my heart and my wardrobe, and I will continue to fill my life full of Marni.

Marni makes my world go around
My world go around
My world go around
Marni makes my world go around
It makes my world go 'round.

A mark, a yen, a buck, or a pound
A buck or a pound
A buck or a pound
Is all that makes my world go around,
That wonderful colour and sound
Can make my world go 'round.


for more info see: 
www.marni.com

No comments:

Post a Comment